The Board is the governing body of the Commission. The principal functions of the Board are to
- establish, monitor and oversee implementation of the Commission’s policy;
- monitor and oversee the management of the Commission ensuring that
- the Commission’s resources are economically and efficiently utilized;
- adequate internal financial and management controls are in place;
- the Commission operates according to principles of good governance; and
- the Commission fulfils its statutory obligations and properly discharges its functions
- approve the Commission’s financial estimates, annual work plan and financial statements, and a suitably qualified auditor to inspect the latter.